When talking about water sports and board sports, there’s a name that resonnate like no others: Robie Naish. The Windsurfing legend, Kiteboarding pioneer, Mr Naish has been exploring and pushing the limits of water sports in Hawaii for more than 30 years now. Naish has taken his experience building windsurfer and kiteboards to the fast growing sport of Stand Up Paddle. Thanks to great designs, great shapes and solid constructions, the Naish’s boards are some of the best SUP boards you can get today. And it is no surprise that SUP Champions Chuck Paterson and SUP surfing prodigy Kenni Lanai ride and paddle Naish boards.
The really cool thing about the Naish line is that they offer four different styles of Stand Up Paddleboards, in various length and tops:
• The Glide Series, for flatwater touring and racing.
• The Nalu Series, all-around long board versatility.
• The Hokua Series, performance short board style SUPS.
• The Mana Series, short wide and stable for easy surfing.
Supthebay.com now offers the entire Naish line of Stand Up Paddleboards. Boards can be tested and seen at our demo center in Sausalito at Sea Trek. You can then purchase the model of your choice directly from us. In addition in the upcoming weeks we will be reviewing various boards from the Naish line and go more in depth in their riding charachterisics.
Our favorites are the:
• Naish Catalina 12.6″ Carbon race board, $1829. Ideal for racing in flat water or the open ocean. A great board for the money.
• Naish 17’0, $2699. Perfect for taking advantage of the summer winds in the Bay Area or along side the Pacific coast. Hawaii tested!
• The Nalu 11.4″ or 11.6″, $1249. These SUP boards are just amazing flat water paddling, beginners and small wave surfing. We have been riding this board at Sea Trek for almost two years and they rock!
• The Mana 10.0″, $999 (soft top version). If you are going to Bolinas or Santa Cruz and want to start practicing Stand Up surfing, that is the board you need. I would take it too Mexico too!
• The Hokua 9.6″, $1599 (bag included). For the more serious and experienced surfer, carve down the wave without having to get a ride every 15′. Go Stand Up!